Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I have a feeling that this summer will be fantastic and I have grand plans for it. Immersion week in July followed immediately by Sarah's wedding, a weekend trip to Notre Dame with the family, and a possible trip to Monroe, MI to hang out with some fabulous ladies. I'm unemployed and I feel as though I have summer by the fingertips. I want to take unplanned road trips and give my scheduled friends a shake. I want to fill an album with candid photos because they are real.

I found myself looking forward to this summer like I did when I was little - when my only worry was that my bedtime was an hour earlier than my younger neighbors. In all actuality, I should be searching for a new job and fine tuning the resume that I can't find. I like summer much better when I forget about the stress of "adult" life.

When I was in elementary school, my family used to take weekend trips with good friends. They had 3 daughters and I was best friends with Marie, who was 6 months older than me. We’d venture up to Niagara Falls for a weekend or Lake Erie. Anywhere. I want that again. Aside from a lack of income, nothing is holding me back.

 
Ready, set, go! (My 8 year old self at Niagra Falls.
Please ignore the spandex shorts and fanny pack).

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great plan! looking forward to the posts about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO jealous! Lol summer was the best when your biggest concern was if everyone was playing manhunt that night or if the weather was nice enough to go in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christy!


    My neighbors, little brother, and I played manhunt as well!

    ReplyDelete