Friday, November 25, 2011

thankful

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It feels like being wrapped in a warm blanket. My life has been crazy and full of changes as of late. I needed the time to hang out with friends and family, drink a good glass of red wine with my cousin, take a fabulous post-turkey nap, and simply relax. 



{l}
10. NCIS marathon on Thanksgiving day

9. Will & Grace Thanksgiving episodes (and a few other favorites) today.
VINCE: "No one's fault"? He pressured her into trying on these four-inch hooker heels. And then he told her to "work it, girl." [snaps fingers]
WILL: Okay, in hindsight maybe it wasn't a good idea to make her climb up on the display case and... shake her "groove thang," but you know-- She was having fun up until the time that she fell, and her skirt hiked up, and she showed her groove thang to the whole store.
(Queens for a Day)

{love this
8. Coffee

Preferably in a vat.














 7. Sunshine & 60+ degrees in late November.
After last year's Minnesotan winter, I need to slowly ease into colder temperatures and snow. It's absolutely gorgeous outside today.









6. Laughter & hugs
the alphabet reunion - homecoming weekend 2011

{for picture of anuradha koirala}
5. People in this world who are dedicated to making a difference, raising awareness, and speaking out.
L: Fr. Roy Bourgeois, founder of SOA Watch. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to travel to Columbus, GA (Ft. Benning) for the School of the America vigil. The procession on Sunday morning was one of the most moving experiences of my life. Fr. Roy is dedicated to speaking out against the SOA and advocating for women in the Church.
R: Anuradha Koirala was one of the CNN Heroes of 2010. She works with trafficked women and children in Nepal. Last night, CNN aired a special about her ("where are they now?"). Amazing women. You should check out her story.

 
4. This past year
It's been one hell of a year. From St. Cloud to the Villa. From working with refugees to trying my hand on a farm. I'm so grateful for all of the experiences I've had.













3. Community
After college, I missed the community atmosphere -- the always knowing that someone is around, the support, the laughter, the tears, the everything. I regained it while in MN. I'm officially part of an amazing community this year.


2. Friends (see laughter & hugs)

John, Gram, & I playing scrabble last year @ Christmas.

1. Family
My family is crazy. We fight. We love.

No comments:

Post a Comment