Thursday, December 29, 2011

omg. chris thile and yo-yo ma

I spent part of last night watching the Kennedy Center Honors. Great people were honored this year including Neil Diamond (whose music represents my childhood), Meryl Streep (one of my favorite actresses), and Yo-Yo Ma. I was blown away by the musical show put together to honor Yo-Yo Ma. Chris Thile. James Taylor leading "Here Comes the Sun," and others. I had chills...and tears. You should try to track it down.

I didn't know that Yo-Yo Ma and Chris Thile work together. Chris Thile has been a favorite of mine since his Nickel Creek days. I wanted to find a clip from last night's show, but couldn't. Instead, here is a clip from NPR. Check it out. Be amazed.

Oh, and another reason to track down video. You have to see Yo-Yo Ma's reaction. He was exuberant. I want to be his friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment