Friday, January 13, 2012

Music for a snowy Friday

Winter has taken its time getting to NE Ohio/Western PA and I'm completely ok with that. Temps dropped over night and the rain turned to ice and snow. I'm sitting in my bedroom looking at the snow blowing horizontal and contemplating a walk up to the main building in a little while.

A few weeks ago was the Kennedy Center Honors (2011). This was a huge deal in my family because Neil Diamond was honored and, in our house, Neil Diamond is on the same playing field as God. His music was the first I remember listening to as a kid. I actually don't remember being exposed to that many other artists. For me, though, I was more excited about Yo-Yo Ma and Meryl Streep. It was like a melding of my favorite artists in one television show. During the concert, James Taylor (and others) took the stage to sing "Here Comes the Sun." I cried watching it that night. I think it's amazing and I'm glad that someone finally put it up on youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment