Sunday, February 7, 2010

Digging out

It snowed. Plain and simple. From Friday afternoon to Saturday morning, we accumulated 21 inches of snow in our front yard. The lovely National Weather Service kept telling us that we had a "winter weather advisory" and that we could expect somewhere in the 4-8 in. region. Wrong.
(around 9pm Friday night)


(path to Dad's car at the end of the driveway)


(One of the neighbor kid's navigating his backyard. They also built a fort and added a red flag near the swingset)


(Saturday evening sunset)



Sometime around noon yesterday, the sun came out and laughed at us as we dug out. I took advantage of the snow and have spent my weekend parked in front of the tv watching He's Just Not That Into You, Post Grad, and 500 Days of Summer. My movie weekend made me miss college. We would spend entire weekends sprawled out in our townhouse living room watching movies and endless episodes of Gilmore girls or The OC. I don't let myself relax like that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment