Sunday, February 28, 2010

Heart like a lion

"It's time. Heart of a lion. I will give my all-heart, mind,& spirit today. This is what it's about! All the way until the end! No regrets."
-Apolo Anton Ohno (via his Twitter)
(photo credit: http://www.britannica.com)


I've been addicted to the Olympics this year. It's the first time that I've really been interested in the Winter Olympics. Usually, I'll watch speed skating, figure skating, and a few other events. Not this year. I've watched nearly everything.

One of my favorite things about the Olympics is watching all the countries together. Everyone marches out during the opening ceremonies. It's just amazing to watch. Even with all the problems in the world, it's a time when I think that all is right. There are wars going on, devastating earthquakes, etc., but while I watch the countries parade out I forget those things. I like watching the winners sing their country's national anthems. (Side note: I just wish the US athletes would sing).

Like so many others, I love Apolo Ohno. He's a fantastic skater, but more importantly, I think he's a great person. I don't think he should have been DQ'd in the 500, but things happen and he was definitely able to bounce back for the relay.

But, it's back to regular scheduled programs. I'll wait for the summer olympics.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I never really watched the winter olympics either with and exception of a couple events. This year I enjoyed skiing, speed skating and even hockey. I never really watch hockey. I got into hockey this year. I get very competitive about my teams. I love the summer olympics, but I have enjoyed the winter olympics too. I even watched curling for the first time and after about an hour, I still don't understand the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the curling. People tell me it's like bocce, which I understand, but I still don't understand it!

    ReplyDelete