Friday, February 19, 2010

Sick days

I'm home sick today. I left work after 2 hours yesterday with a horrible sinus headache and still feel like crap on toast today. I must admit that I am feeling better today, but nowhere near well enough to be at work.

I've been at my job for about 1.5 years and this is my first time taking a full sick day. I hate calling off sick. I was the kid who went to school sick because I didn't want to miss anything. I'm the same way with work.

I went to bed last night at 9pm so when I woke up at 8 to call off work, I was pretty much up. I moseyed downstairs to watch tv and caught the Magic School bus. I loved that show in school. Ms. Frizzle and the gang ended up in the Arctic. 2 of the kids were stuck on the bus on an ice piece that broke away. I never realized how strange (traumatizing?) this show was. As the kids were calling for help, Ms. Frizzle and everyone else were waving to them. Bye! It's ok if you all die on the magic school bus.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVED the magic school bus as well. Think of how much fun kids would have if they could explore school like that! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And, I would have actually loved science class.

    ReplyDelete